We own a 1966 Ford Mustang, with a 200 straight six and automatic transmission. It is pretty much a base model car, except for the center console. We "acquired" this car from Monica's parents, who bought it used in 1970. Monica drove this car throughout high school.
Ours is the red one. This was before any restoration (notice the non-standard hubcaps). The blue 289 belongs to a friend of ours.
Monica at the National Car Museum in Reno, Nevada.
The body serial number is:
- 65A: 2 door hardtop
- H: Light Beige exterior
- D9: Parchement vinyl with Palomino interior
- 25E: "Born" May 25th (1966)
- 53: Delivered to Kansas City
- 3: 3.20:1 rear axle
- 6: Dual range automatic transmission (C-4)
- F: Assembled in Dearborn, Michigan
- T: 6 cylinder 200 ci with a 1 barrel carburator